I recently had a wonderful opportunity for alone time with my nine-year old daughter. She is a curious soul who puts so much thought into everything, but then throws it all out the window so she can jump after it. My little Einstein without a parachute.
With all the thought she gives to everything in her life, I thought it would be interesting to see what she thinks of having a working mother.
So, from the mouth of my middle babe…
- “It kind of sucks because I don’t get to spend time with you.”
- “I wish we could just spend all day with you.”
- “You are tired when we want to play.”
- “You are away from us a lot for meetings.”
- “It’s hard to have family fun night.”
- “You are not always home after school.”
- “We get to go on vacations.”
- “You can move your schedule around to be with us, even if you are working while you are with us.”
- “We get to spend money on things we want.”
And in the future, my lovely little girl would like to be a stay-at-home mom with meetings online. She wants to be able to play with her kids whenever they like. Sounds like a great plan!!